Squirrels burn down £400,000 home

October 11, 2010 by  

Filed under News

Article from The Daily Mail

A family were left devastated after returning from holiday to find their £400,000 luxury home burnt to the ground – after squirrels chewed through wires in the loft.

The rodents sparked a huge blaze which destroyed the roof, first floor and much of the ground floor of the semi-detached property in Cuffley, Hertfordshire.

Six fire crews battle the flames but the three-bed dormer bungalow could not be saved.